Monday, November 2, 2015

A Floating Hospital: Bringing hope and healing to the world's forgotten poor

“A floating hospital” that’s how I’ve been describing Mercy Ships. But, that's an understatement and doesn’t even begin to describe how the Father is using the ministry of Mercy Ships in Toamasina, Madagascar.
I am super excited to announce that I will be joining the Mercy Ships Crew for a three month term this January through March (2016)! I resigned from my current position as a nurse at Hershey Medical Center in order to volunteer as a nurse aboard the ship for three months. I will be taking care of kiddos before and after their surgeries.

Mercy Ships is an organization that provides FREE life saving surgeries to under-resourced people groups who have little-to-no access to any form of health care. One of the unique “vehicles” used by Mercy Ships is literally a big ship called "Africa Mercy" that has been converted into a hospital. BUT, there is so much more that goes into providing care, beyond just the surgery itself. The crew is literally the hands and feet of Jesus. We come in HIS name not only to help with immediate needs, but also to support and equip the people of Madagascar as they strive to improve their developing country. Lives are physically, spiritually and emotionally transformed. Would you consider joining me on this adventure? The Father has asked me to go and serve, but I cannot do it alone. Would you consider supporting me through prayer and/or monetarily?
My goal is to raise $6,000. All of your donations made via this my blog site are tax deductible and will help cover my monthly crew room/board fees, airfare costs and miscellaneous expenses such as shots, insurance, etc.
The ship pictured below is the actual ship I will be living and working on for the duration of my time in Toamasina, Madagascar. Thank you for your support. I look forward to communicating with you via my blogspot (the link is below)!!




Want to know more about Mercy Ships?
Click Here


2 comments:

  1. You are such a remarkable young woman! I value that we are acquainted. While you pursue your mission aboard, I continue to pursue my mission on land. God has placed me, and will be placing you, where our knowledge and skills can make the most difference to folks who have little to no resources. Bless you. Keep in touch...Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post sparks so many memories and emotions for me! I'm looking forward to living this journey vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete