Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Long Overdue Update

Hello Everyone!

My apologies for being silent for so long. This is a long overdue update!

In my last post I shared with you how the Father presented me with an opportunity to go back and serve with Mercy Ships for another field service. Mercy Ships offered me the Admissions Team Leader position, which I have accepted! This means I will be going back to Mercy Ships this July. I will fly out July 26th and meet the ship in Durban, South Africa. From Durban the ship will sail to Benin, West Africa where it will begin its 10 month field service, performing surgeries and other various forms of community service in the country of Benin!

This summer, before leaving for Mercy Ships, I had hoped to secure a nursing job here in the States through a travel agency. This proved to be more difficult than I expected and required a 13 week commitment, which I was unable to give due to my limited time in the States. 

I really wanted to do critical care nursing this summer and I struggled to let go of this agenda. I think I also felt the need to prove to myself that I could still be a critical care nurse. I longed to prove this especially because going back to Mercy Ships meant that I would be out of critical care nursing for another year. 

Through many tears and conversations with the Father I came to realize that beneath this longing to prove myself I was believing a lie that my identity as a nurse somehow gave me worthiness. Being a nurse had become tied to my identity in an unhealthy way. Through unearthing this lie and allowing God to replace it with truth about my true identity as His beloved child, I was freed of the need to prove myself. This changed my perspective, humbled me and caused me to be open to God providing other means of support for me this summer. 

I have been blown away by the many people who’ve reached out and responded to my Facebook status. I’ve had a great time earning money by babysitting your kiddos or providing home health nursing for you or your loved one. It has also given me a chance to share with you personally about Mercy Ships, which is always fun! Thank you to everyone who responded!

My goal is to raise $8,000.00. So far I have $6,265.00! Thank you to everyone who’s already given! You have given generously and I am so grateful!

If you haven’t given and would like to there are two ways to give.

Option #1: Mail a check made out to Mercy Ships
Here is my home address:
Caitlyn Williams
246 North Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101


Option #2: Donate Electronically Online
Click the purple donate button here on my blog spot. It will take you to a website where you can make a one time donation or a monthly pledge using a credit card or bank account.


Thank you everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment